.@SJSU_CoachJC has your ??s at the game against UNLV tomorrow and talks about respecting racial justice and equality during the game.
— San Jose State Basketball (@SanJoseStateWBB) January 19, 2022
SAN JOSE, CA – The San Jose State women’s basketball team (3-12, 0-4 Mountain West) heads home to host UNLV (13-4, 5-1 MW) in a showdown in midweek inside the Provident Credit Union Event Center Wednesday night. Tip off is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. and will air on the Mountain West network.
A portion of all ticket sales will be donated to the African American Community Services Agency in support of racial justice and equality. It is AACSA’s mission to preserve the dignity and culture of a diverse African American community and to provide services that promote the full participation of Santa Clara County and society at large. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Senior Cydni Lewis leads the Spartans in averaging 12.1 points and 7.8 rebounds per game
- Ella Ogier had back-to-back performances of nearly 20 points, scoring 18 and 19 respectively in SJSU’s last two contests
- Ogier is averaging 11.2 ppg
- The Spartans are coming off a road loss at Fresno State on Saturday, January 15
- San Jose State prevailed on the wire with the Bulldogs, dropping only four points going into the final quarter
- Meghan Oberg had a career-high 19 points (6 of 7 FG) with 15 pts in the first half against Fresno
- Lewis led the team in rebounding with nine boards and added nine points
- Spartans shot 48% in the first half
- UNLV is on a three-game winning streak ahead of their game against San Jose State
- Desi-Rae Young leads the Runnin’ Rebels in scoring and rebounding, averaging 15.8 ppg and 7.5 rpg
- Three players have a double-digit average; Young, Essance Booker (14.8) and Nneka Obiazor (11.8)
- UNLV averages 41 rpg
- Nneka Obiazor scored a season high in the last Runnin’ Rebels contest, going 9 of 11 FG for 21 points
- UNLV’s 13-4 start is the program’s best start in 18 seasons
Next home game: The Spartans will host Utah State at 6:00 p.m. on January 27 and honor the Spartan Alumni. Tickets can be purchased here.
Join us at @SanJoseStateWBB basketball game on January 29! Your ticket can be purchased at https://t.co/Dmue9uN7c8, which also gives past members exclusive access to the Hardwood Lounge for a reception-style fare and a rally towel! pic.twitter.com/yrJRSwslzg
— SJSU Alumni (@SJSUalumni) January 16, 2022
New Covid entry policy:
- All staff with an SJSU Tower ID (students, staff, and faculty) will only need to show the Tower ID and ticket for entry
- Tour ID Holders are in SJSU Covid Protocols
- Those without Tower ID will need to show proof of vaccination with their card, photo on their phone or QR code
- Unvaccinated fans will be required to present proof of a negative COVID test (3 years and older)
- For antigen testing, negative COVID test result must be within 24 hours
- For PCR testing, the negative COVID test result must be within 48 hours
- The antigen test may include a take-home test, sold at Walgreens, CVS, and other pharmacies
- Fans are required to wear masks indoors at all times unless actively eating or drinking