LOS ANGELES- The UCLA women’s basketball team will take on Cal Poly on Monday, Nov. 7 at 5:30 p.m. in the Pauley Pavilion presented by Wescom. The UCLA men’s basketball team will face Sacramento State following the conclusion of the women’s basketball game in a doubleheader hosted at Westwood. One ticket will allow fans access to both games on Monday night.
Date: November 7, 2022
Denunciation time: 5:30 p.m.
Venue: Pauley Pavilion presented by Wescom
Look: UCLA Live Stream (Dave Marcus on play-by-play)
Listen: UCLA Digital Radio (Dave Marcus on play-by-play)
Monday night will mark a celebration of UCLA basketball, beginning with the women’s basketball game against Cal Poly at 5:30 p.m. UCLA men’s basketball ends against Sacramento State at 8:40 p.m. after the conclusion of the women’s basketball game. In honor of the 10-year “reopening” of the Pauley Pavilion, commemorative tickets and UCLA basketball lanyards will be available to fans while supplies last.
The first 1,000 Den Pass holders will receive a “UCLA Basketball” bucket hat in honor of the doubleheader. Additionally, all UCLA faculty and staff can receive a free ticket to both games by showing valid ID at the Pauley Pavilion box office on game day (limit of four per person) .
NOTES ON BRUINS
– The Bruins have earned a trip to five of the last six NCAA tournaments, earning four Sweet 16 appearances and an Elite 8 berth along the way.
– Second year in red shirt Emilie Bessoir returns to the field after missing the 2021-22 season with an ACL injury. Bessoir last saw action on March 24, 2021 against Texas in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
– Senior guard Charisma Osborne ranked third in scoring (16.4 ppg) and free throw percentage (0.875 FT%) last season.
– Senior Camryn Brown is looking to take on an expanded role with the Bruins in his fourth year with the team.
– The incoming freshman class was the No. 1 recruiting class in women’s basketball, according to ESPN. The freshman class has three of the top 25 players (Kiki Rice – No. 2, Gabriela Jaquez – No. 19, London Jones – No. 25), according to espnW HoopGurlz. Kiki Rice arrives as the highest-ranked playmaker in his promotion.
– Redshirt sophomore Angela Dugalic will miss the entire 2022-23 season with an ACL injury sustained in the offseason.
2021-22 IN REVIEW
The Bruins are coming off a 2021-22 season that saw the team battle through a limited roster and finish the year 18-13 overall and 8-8 Pac-12. UCLA women’s basketball head coach of the Michael Price family Cori Close guided the team to a WNIT semi-final appearance after finishing seventh in the Pac-12. Charisma Osborne earned the second All-Pac-12 designation of his career, joining teammate IImar’I Thomas with all-conference honors. Osborne was named to the All-Defensive Team Honorable Mention Team, while Izzy Anstey earned All-Freshman Team Honorable Mention.
OPENING OF THE SEASON
The Bruins are 25-19 all-time in opening games of the season and are currently on a 12-game winning streak at home to start their season. UCLA’s last opening night home loss came to NC State on November 25, 1994.
Last year, UCLA defeated Pepperdine 78-69 at Pauley Pavilion to start the 2021-22 campaign. Under Michael Price Family UCLA Women’s Head Basketball Coach Cori Closethe Bruins are 8-3 on opening night.
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
UCLA’s women’s basketball team is scheduled to play a 30-game regular-season campaign. The Bruins will host 16 home games throughout the season, play 11 road games and compete in three competitions at neutral sites (all in the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament in mid-November).
The complete 2022-23 UCLA women’s basketball schedule is available here.
Three Bruins earned watchlist or preseason conference honors heading into the 2022-23 campaign. Transfer graduate Gina Conti was named to the 2023 Nancy Lieberman Point Guard of the Year Award Watch List for the second consecutive season. Charisma Osborne was named to the Ann Meyers Drysdale Shooting Guard of the Year Award 2023 pre-season watch list, her third straight year making the cut. Osborne was also named to the Pac-12 preseason all-conference team, while Kiki Rice earned pre-season Pac-12 honorable mention honors.
The only way UCLA fans can guarantee seats to all 16 regular-season home games is to purchase season tickets. Click here for women’s basketball season tickets. For ticket information, call UCLA Athletic Sales & Service at (310) 206-5991 or email [email protected]